- You may give us information about you by completing forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include (but is not limited to) your name, title, date of birth, address, email address, phone number or other contact information, financial details, status of any house sale/ purchase and the records and contents of any correspondence and communications you have with us or any feedback which you leave for us.
How we use your information
How we will use information about you we receive from other sources.
- To contact you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services which you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services which we feel may interest you.
- To assist us in the improvement and optimisation of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the website (including, without limitation, via third parties);
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To verify your identity;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to prevent or detect fraud;
- To provide customer support;
- To comply with the requirements imposed by law, our regulatory bodies or any court order.
- To enable us to effectively carry out our business in the context of our negotiations or our engagement with you we may need to discuss your information with the other parties in the transaction – for example, if you are purchasing a property, we may need to advise the vendor’s solicitor of your position or if you have applied for a rental property, we may need to share your landlord reference with a new landlord.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including but not limited to:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or with you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks (such as MailChimp/ Social Media) that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and services.
- Select Mortgage & Financial Services (where you have consented for us to do so)
- We may disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Hewitt Property Agents or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of its transferred assets;
Where we store your information
The personal information detailed above is held either on paper or on computer system.
- You have the following rights in relation to how we use your information:
- Right of access- you have the right to see personal data that is held bout you and a right to have a copy provided to you, or someone else on your behalf in a machine readable (namely, digital) format.
- Right of rectification- if at any point you believe that the personal data we hold about you if inaccurate, you can ask to have it corrected.
- Right to restrict processing- you can require us to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances for example whilst a complaint about its accuracy is being resolved.
- Right to object to processing- as we are relying on legitimate interests as a reason for processing, you can object to your personal data being processed.
- Withdrawing consent- where you have given us your consent to processing your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time by notifying us (see “Who to contact” below).
- Right to be forgotten- you can request that your personal data is deleted altogether.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Hewitt Property Agents, 2 Mowhan Road, Markethill, Co. Armagh, BT60 1RB
Please note that we have one month to respond to this request and can refuse to provide/ delete certain data if it is required for legal records/ under our professional regulations.Who to contact about your personal data
If you wish to:
Please contact us at the below address:
- See your personal data or to exercise any of the rights mentioned above
- Make a complaint about how we have handled your personal data
2 Mowhan Road
Phone: 02837551941Making a complaint to The Information Commissioner’s Office
If you are not satisfied with our response to any query you raise with us, or you believe we are processing your personal data in a way which is inconsistent with the law, you ca complain to the Information Commissioners Office whose helpline number is 0303 123 1113.
Changes to our privacy notice
We regularly review our privacy notice and we will advise you of any updates. This privacy notice was last updated in May 2018.